Dingle in the Morning

Dingle in the Morning

Sunday, June 5, 2016

As part of becoming a little more a part of my community I recently volunteered for the Spaces and Traces Day.  It, like the garden tours in Maine, is a tour of a small part of the city where you can explore various homes that would normally not be open to the public.  Since I was working that day I did not get a chance to go around to all the sites, but I am looking forward to next year.

I was stationed at the Orrin Robertson house.  Created by Alexander Eschweiler, a fairly famous architect,
here in Wisconsin.  This house has little in common with his other creations.  One of which is near my house. (I will photograph it in my next wander so you can see it.)
Built in 1912 for $12,000.  
The front of the house somewhat hidden from the road, the back of the house giving a fabulous view of Lake Michigan.   A long slopping lawn, leads down from the back patio.   There is a home office that looks out onto the lake.  Although beautiful, I can't see getting any work done at that desk.


And of course  with any beautiful house nice landscaping and gorgeous flowers.

One of the other homes I got to vist was this duplex.  Originally buildt as a duplex it has wonderful art decco styling.  If I had the 1/2 million dollar asking price I would love it. Built in bookshelves, pantry, and drawers it has dark hard woods and a nice layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment