Dingle in the Morning

Dingle in the Morning

Saturday, June 11, 2016

West Allis

So I while ago I said I would do a wander around my neighborhood.
Here it is....
Like most areas of Milwaukee my little neighborhood is fraught with road construction.
 But it has managed to maintian the hometown charm from the firehouse to the statue in front of the public library
 This is the Alexander Eschwiler building I mentioned earlier.  He did a series of service stations (gas stations)  The building stands as a historic site with a diorama inside but never actually open to the public.

I live near some railroad tracks and at night they are pretty busy, but during the day not too bad.
Kind of makes me think of "Stand by Me," that movie with River Phoenix, from the 80's where the kids walk down the railroad tracks and come across a crime...so far no crime here 


And like most places I've lived I have a large visual landmark to help me find my way home if I get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment